Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Trip to AZ


I love to travel! I love everything about it. I love airports, flying, packing and seeing new things. I especially love seeing old friends.
Last week I took Sophie with me to visit some college friends in AZ. It was great to see them and so fun to observe their lives. So different from my own. I didn't have to cut the grass once! :) I especially enjoyed gleaning new ideas from them. Everything from decorating and fashion to food and family traditions. My sweet friend Amy was so generous with her time. She took us shopping, out to eat, to the movies, the waterpark, golfing and the indoor playground. She bought us gifts and even loaned me a car. Her family was so sweet and her kind husband even gave me excellent golfing tips. Sophie had a fabulous time with Amy's daughter Carly. Those girls have so much fun together. It was a blast to be with Monica, Amy and Missy as well for lunch at Sweet Cakes. I also got to eat lunch with my good friend Barbara. It is always so fun to visit with her. She it a total crack up. It was especially fun to look at old college pictures at Monica's house while she made us a delicious pasta and panini lunch. So weird that now our kids are the ones taking the college pics. Sigh. It was a blast and I can't wait for Amy and her kids to come visit me. I have a lot planned. Cow tipping to start.







1 comment:

Monica said...

It was so wonderful being with you and catching up on our lives. You always inspire me! I love your "Can do anything attitude"! You are amazing! It was so fun to get to know your beautiful sophie better. She is adorable and how fun for her and Amy's daughter to become friends.
I love reconnecting with friends and you are definitely one of my
favorites to reconnect with. It was so much fun!

You put me to shame...you are caught up on your blog and I am way behind. I've had lots of jewelery orders lately but I'll catch up soon! love ya girl!