Thursday, November 20, 2008

Landon's Hobby






Most teenagers have hobbies. I get that. Most parents have to drag their kids away from Xboxes, cell phones, facebook, and other sundry escapes that teenagers love and need (or so they think). Books are a big one for my kids. I have to drag them away to eat, sleep, do chores or study. They love their books. But here is one hobby that is tough to drag my son away from. This is Landon's latest copy of his Christmas arrangement. It is a work in progress-- and what a work it is. Every waking moment is spent slaving over these pages. Perfecting and playing. This is what this kid does for fun. He writes, erases, writes, erases until he has it just right. But then he adds more. It is quite something. If and when he ever finishes it I'll put it on youtube.

4 comments:

Sylwia said...

you have very impressive and beautiful kids. maybe we could set up samuel and sophie in the future when they are at BYU?

Monica said...

That is so remarkable! What a gift! I remember being so impressed how well he could play when he was a small boy! That is an amazing talent that will last his whole life! Your children are amazing. You have done such a wonderful job as a mother. I remember being at BYU and going on a double date and you told me how you were going to raise your children. You always knew what you wanted! I love your background on your blog! It puts me into the winter spirit! I also love your family picture, it cracks me up how you always look exactly the same. You're looking good for an old woman! Ha Ha

Monica said...

Katie,
You're comments always crack me up! Look at you, you are always busy accomplishing something amazing and have so many talents! I actually am tired this week! You know I struggle with Chronic Fatigue syndrome and it is acting up this week! Noel called me yesterday! It was so fun to catch up! She was going to look on your blog. I told her how amazing you are! Love ya friend!

Anonymous said...

ummmm, WOW!