Monday, December 15, 2008

Time To Make Granola..


Sophie just walked in while I was adding these photos to my blog. She looked at me and said, "You should call that 'Bored'." Then she said, "Just some friendly advice" and walked out. I've GOT to get a life. Okay. First, add 8 cups of rolled oats (not quick oats) to a big roasting pan like this one sprayed with Pam. Then add 2 Tablespoons cinnamon, 1/2 bag coconut, 1/2 bag sunflower seeds, 1/2 bag chopped pecans, small bag slivered almonds, 1/4 cup sesame seeds, 1/2 cup wheat germ, nutmeg (I like to shave the real thing in, but you can use ground) and 1/2 cup brown sugar.





Next mix it all up.

On the stove melt 2 sticks butter, 2 cups honey, and a glob of olive oil. Pour on top of dry ingredients and mix up really well so it is all coated. Put in oven on 300 degrees for one hour and STIR EVERY 15 MINUTES. Mix it up well each time. Sometimes I let it go an extra 15 minutes if it seems a little too wet still. When it cools add golden raisins and craisins if you have them. Yum. I think I'll go have some.



3 comments:

Sylwia said...

wow that looks good, i always wanted to make granola at home!

Monica said...

Your family better love you! YUM, homemade granola!!! Very impressive! I love the comment Sophie made---"out of the mouth of babes"!!!:) Her personality sounds fun! She's your little icing on the cake! I do fresh nutmeg the same way! We really have so much in common, I wish you would come be my neighbor!
Did you realize that you were the one I was talking about on my blog that said I have a charmed life! You are the one girl! Keep sharing the recipes---it's very motivating! You are turning into a Julia Childs(in a natural way)!!!

Amy Hadfield said...

Thanks Katie! I have been wanting to make granola for so long! I will try your recipe! By the way, I loved your Christmas card!